Calling Minnesota Youth!
Make Your Voices Heard on Wednesday, February 27! REGISTER HERE.
Join us for Youth Day at the Capitol 2019 (YDAC), an annual event connecting youth, community experts and local policymakers.
Our goal is to get young people talking with their legislators about issues that are important to them. We want young people to understand that our elected officials work for the people, including young people!
The day includes:
- Advocacy training provided by student changemakers
- Interactive tabling
- View the Somalis + Minnesota exhibit at the MN History Center
- March to the Capitol, *weather dependent
- Meet with local legislators [you must book your own meeting]
- Guided or unguided Capitol tour [you must register for a guided tour]
- Minnesota Youth Council hearing [Capitol Building G23]
The core activities in each track are staggered to allow for an efficient flow of groups through the exhibit. Each track includes time for lunch; groups are responsible for bringing their own food or finding a place nearby.
Groups can come early or stay late and include a free tour of the Capitol [either guided or self-guided]. All attendees are invited to the Minnesota Youth Council legislative hearing from 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the Capitol to wrap up the day.
- Let them know how many students are attending, your school, topic of discussion, and that you’re there as part of #YDAC19!
Free Capitol Tours
- Bring your own food [recommended]
- Purchase food nearby
- Buy lunch at the Minnesota History Center Cafe
Social Media Competition
Want to make sure you have everything ready for YDAC19?
Youth Day at the Capitol Planning Team is made up of Minnesota Civic Youth, Minnesota Alliance With Youth, young people from the Minnestoa Youth Council, Minnesota Community Education Association, YWCA Minneapolis, and the Minnesota History Center. Please email email@example.com with any questions.